Monday, December 22, 2014

Violet in Bloom by Julia Quinn



The Bridgertons: Happily Ever After
Format: ebook
Rating: 5 stars
How I Got It: Purchased

                Where the hell did this story come from? This is probably the best short story I’ve read. And after a few disappointing reads it was nice to remember why I continue to buy and read Julia Quinn’s books.
                I liked Violet in the original series. She’s a great woman, mother, and presence. But I was blown away by getting to know her.
                And it really was a story about her life. Initially, I thought it would be about Violet and Edmund. I didn’t think I could handle that since I know he dies fairly young. But seeing her grow from a young girl to a wife to a great-grandmother was beautiful. And I definitely cried when she had to deal with losing her husband while being pregnant. So much happened but it all worked. Seeing her and Edmund meet as a couple was adorable.
                Seriously, I should probably stop. But I’m amazed by how much Ms. Quinn was able to stuff into such a short story. And it makes me want to re-read the series with this new perspective on Violet.

Thanks for reading!
Holly 

No comments:

Post a Comment