Monday, February 25, 2019

Book Review: Broken Hallelujah by Sierra Simone

42730366
Mixtape Anthology
Format: ebook
Rating: 2 stars
How I Got It: Purchased
Genre: Contemporary Romance, F/F
Publisher: Self-published 

Synopsis courtesy of Goodreads

Twelve bestselling and award-winning authors have curated an anthology of brand-new, standalone stories inspired by love songs.

Review

This is kind of weird, but this is my first F/F story. If you have recommendations send them my way because this one was pretty disappointing.

Now, after some reflection, I do not believe there's anything technically wrong with this story. It's more of a personal preference kind of issue.

The love story is a little dark and twisted. I'm sure for some people they would love it, but not me. The one woman-Devon-came across creepy and maybe a tad unstable. The other woman-Jacey-made some questionable decisions as well. But honestly, maybe with more story (like a full-length novel) things could've been further explored.

I'm not against reading another book/story by this author, but I'm also not dying to check out something. 

Thanks for reading!
Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment