Tuesday, December 26, 2017

Review: To Win Her Heart by Karen Witemeyer

9551700
Stand Alone
Format: ebook
Rating: 3 Stars
How I Got It: Borrowed from Library (Overdrive)
Genre: Romance, Christian, Western
Publisher: Bethany House Publishers
Synopsis courtesy of Goodreads

Having completed his
sentence for the unintentional crime that derailed his youthful plans
for fame and fortune, Levi Grant looks to start over in the town of
Spencer, Texas. Spencer needs a blacksmith, a trade he learned at his
father's knee, and he needs a place where no one knows his past. But
small towns leave little room for secrets...

Eden Spencer has

sworn off men, choosing instead to devote her time to the lending
library she runs. When a mountain-sized stranger walks through her door
and asks to borrow a book, she steels herself against the attraction he
provokes. His halting speech and hesitant manner leave her doubting his
intelligence. Yet as the mysteries of the town's new blacksmith unfold,
Eden discovers hidden depths in him that tempt her heart.

Levi's

renewed commitment to his faith leads Eden to believe she's finally
found a man of honor and integrity, a man worthy of her love. But when
the truth about his prodigal past comes to light, can this tarnished
hero find a way to win back the librarian's affections?
Review

I've been wanting to read a Christian/Inspirational romance for awhile, but had no idea where to start. This came up on my Goodreads because one of my friends was reading it. The plot looked interesting enough so I borrowed it on Overdrive.

Going in, I expected it to be a lot like a Hallmark movie. It definitely had some of those feelings. Not a surprise, but it is very PG. And God is a huge feature. God is a driving force for both of the main characters and they actively talk to him. That isn't how I live my life, but I can appreciate it and it did feel natural for them.

The romance was cute and fairly well developed. I especially liked that they talked/wrote to each other. It's always good when the hero and heroine get to know each other.

While Eden and Levi were well-developed I found the setting lacking. I just have trouble picturing the "world" and a lot of the side characters. It may seem unimportant but those are the things that make a story real for me.

Thanks for reading!
Holly



No comments:

Post a Comment