Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Review: Winter by Marissa Meyer

13206900
Series: The Lunar Chronicles Book #4
Format: Hardcover
Pages: 827
Rating: 4 Stars
How I Got It: Christmas Gift
Genre: Young Adult, Fantasy, Sci-Fi
Publisher: Feiwel & Friends

Synopsis courtesy of Goodreads

Princess Winter is admired by the Lunar people for her grace and kindness, and despite the scars that mark her face, her beauty is said to be even more breathtaking than that of her stepmother, Queen Levana.

Winter despises her stepmother, and knows Levana won't approve of her feelings for her childhood friend--the handsome palace guard, Jacin. But Winter isn't as weak as Levana believes her to be and she's been undermining her stepmother's wishes for years. Together with the cyborg mechanic, Cinder, and her allies, Winter might even have the power to launch a revolution and win a war that's been raging for far too long.

Can Cinder, Scarlet, Cress, and Winter defeat Levana and find their happily ever afters? Fans will not want to miss this thrilling conclusion to Marissa Meyer's national bestselling Lunar Chronicles series.

Review

I only put off reading this for at least a year. It was a good conclusion, but a little long and drawn out for me. Seeing all of the characters come together was fun. And it did make me want to re-read the other books which is always a good sign.

I thought I remembered hearing people say they didn't like Winter as a character. I really enjoyed her and would've like more about her and Lunar sickness. Oh, Jacin, too. I want more development/information about him.

The big surprise for me was Iko and Scarlet. I remember being an Iko fan before, but she is definitely my favorite now. I could just read about her doing anything. Scarlet was never my favorite, but she really became interesting in this one. I especially liked her relationship and interactions with Winter.

Cinder had some America Singer moments here. She made some irrational and emotional decisions that hurt the "revolution". There's just only so many times that can be a source of conflict for me.

Overall, I'm happy with this series and would read it again.

Thanks for reading!

Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment