Wednesday, June 6, 2018

Book Review: Romancing Mr. Bridgerton by Julia Quinn

110384
Series: The Bridgertons Book #4
Format: Mass Market Paperback
Pages: 370
Rating: 2 Stars
How I Got It: Purchased
Genre: Historical Romance
Publisher: Avon

Synopsis courtesy of Goodreads

Penelope Featherington has secretly adored her best friend's brother for... well, it feels like forever. After half a lifetime of watching Colin Bridgerton from afar, she thinks she knows everything about him, until she stumbles across his deepest secret... and fears she doesn't know him at all. 

Colin Bridgerton is tired of being thought nothing but an empty-headed charmer, tired of everyone's preoccupation with the notorious gossip columnist Lady Whistledown, who can't seem to publish an edition without mentioning him in the first paragraph. 

But when Colin returns to London from a trip aboard, he discovers nothing in his life is quite the same, especially Penelope Featherington, the girl haunting his dreams! 

And when he discovers that Penelope has secrets of her own, this elusive bachelor must decide... is she his biggest threat, or his promise of a happy ending?

Review

I had to re-read this because I'm doing a re-read of the whole series so I can review it. Otherwise, I probably wouldn't have. I remember not liking this one. But so many people love it and say this book is there favorite. So, I was hopeful that I would feel differently this time. Sadly, I didn't. I just started skimming which I never do.

My main problem is that I don't feel any chemistry between Colin and Penelope. I barely see feelings of friendship.Now, I almost never buy unrequited love so I guess that isn't a huge surprise. I also don't particularly find Colin to be likable. He's pretty whiny and can be rude to Penelope and his family.

The Bridgertons and Lady Danbury are the only saving grace for me. They are good and interesting characters. And again, I have to rave about Violet. She is a star and I love reading about her a little at a time in each book.

Thanks for reading!

Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment