Monday, January 28, 2019

Book Review: The Chase by Elle Kennedy

34851664
Series: Briar U Book #1
Format: ebook
Rating: 4 Stars
How I Got It: Purchased
Genre: New Adult, Sports
Publisher: Self-Published

Synopsis courtesy of Goodreads

Everyone says opposites attract. And they must be right, because there’s no logical reason why I’m so drawn to Colin Fitzgerald. I don’t usually go for tattoo-covered, video-gaming, hockey-playing nerd-jocks who think I’m flighty and superficial. His narrow view of me is the first strike against him. It doesn’t help that he’s buddy-buddy with my brother.

And that his best friend has a crush on me.

And that I just moved in with them.

Oh, did I not mention we’re roommates?

I suppose it doesn’t matter. Fitzy has made it clear he’s not interested in me, even though the sparks between us are liable to burn our house down. I’m not the kind of girl who chases after a man, though, and I’m not about to start. I’ve got my hands full dealing with a new school, a sleazy professor, and an uncertain future. So if my sexy brooding roomie wises up and realizes what he’s missing?

He knows where to find me.

Review

I'm equal parts mad I waited to read this and glad I did because now I only have to wait a month for the next one.

Where do I even start?

Fitz is so sweet and a great hero. He isn't the typical hyper-aggressive hockey hero. And he's a nerd who is into coding and video games. I love that Ms. Kennedy will blend characteristics instead of using stereotypes. 

Then, there is Summer. I have absolutely nothing in common with her, but she's great. She's actually a character I feel like you see in NA a lot, but as the evil slutty girl. So, it's good that Ms. Kennedy made her the heroine. Sarina Bowen and Jennifer L. Armentrout have also done this. Summer is an extrovert who is very friendly. 

The romance between these two was very fun to read about. They have great chemistry that jumps off the page. I did like seeing them struggling with their different personality types. However, the will they, won't they lasted a tad bit too long for me.

Brenna was a very interesting side character. The friendship between her and Summer was fun and I love the female friendship positivity. I can't wait for Brenna's book. I have no idea how that romance will progress, but I am here for it.

Thanks for reading!
Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment