Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Book Review: Overnight Sensation by Sarina Bowen

42630081
Series: Brooklyn Bruisers Book #5
Format: ebook
Rating: 4 Stars
How I Got It: Purchased
Genre: Contemporary Romance, Sports/Hockey
Publisher: Self-Published

Synopsis courtesy of Goodreads

There's this girl...
Heidi and I have been trading hungry looks all year, and everything she does makes me smile. But I don't do girlfriends, and I certainly can't get involved with the league commissioner's daughter. I need shots on goal, not a hookup and a widely misunderstood paparazzi photo.
Can I resist her, though? The way she teases me should be a game penalty for interference with my libido. 

There's this guy...
Jason wants me, but he won't admit it. That man looks at me the way a hockey player eyes the lunch buffet after practice--and I love it. 
But when victory is finally within my grasp, I blow it and humiliate myself. Even then I can't even avoid him--as the team intern, I'm in constant view of his hard body and cocky smile. 
I need another chance. Jason Castro is about to learn the true meaning of an overnight sensation.

Review

I read this so fast-I only put it down because my kindle needed to be charged. Sarina Bowen always sucks me in. She has some sort of magic for my brain.

The world of the Brooklyn Bruisers is so well down. It feels so real and I love the found family of the team. I am always a sucker for male friendships. Becky and Heidi's relationship and interactions were also A+.

Heidi was a fun heroine, but not my favorite. I did like how hardworking she was. Heidi wanted to be independent and was willing to stand up for herself-including to Castro.

Castro was also great. I loved how he would quote Dickens and Shakespeare-and that this was just expected and understood by his teammates. His backstory was a little typical/cliche, but still worked and made me emotional.

They had a pretty fun romance. It's a pretty standard one-one night stand turns into more. But it was done well and I was rooting for them the whole time. I especially liked that they both supported each other and their goals. They do have great chemistry immediately.

Potential Spoiler:

I particularly liked that Castro wasn't afraid of Heidi's dad. And he was never afraid to stand up to him. I respect that.

This book was everything I wanted. Now, I want to know if there is another book coming, because I need Silas' story. He's intriguing and I'm always a fan of a goalie book. 

Thanks for reading!
Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment