Friday, February 1, 2019

Book Review: Tangled Like Us by Krista & Becca Ritchie

38260251
Series: Like Us Book #4
Format: ebook
Rating: 4 Stars
How I Got It: Purchased
Genre: New Adult, Contemporary Romance
Publisher: Self-published

Synopsis courtesy of Goodreads

Jane Cobalt is an American princess. The loyal and painfully curious twenty-three-year-old has inherited immense pressure to preserve the Cobalt legacy. But for Jane — sex, love, and life have been a series of royal failures. 

After a friends-with-benefits ended in disaster, she's sworn to a “no sex” hiatus for, well, eternity — and she has no intention of letting anyone in her bed and definitely not her heart. 

Twenty-eight-year-old Thatcher Moretti is painfully professional. As the stern 24/7 bodyguard to Jane, thinking about unbridled sex with his sweet client is a sin. One that he keeps committing. 

But the real act is a hard line he’d never cross. 

When a family member betrays Jane's trust, the media becomes obsessed with matchmaking the perpetually “single” Jane Cobalt and unwanted attention suddenly compromises her safety. 

Thatcher would do anything to protect her, and one solution may level the threats: 

Become the fake boyfriend to an American princess. 

Entwined together with boiling chemistry, new “professional” parameters, and an oath, unsaid feelings threaten to rise and change everything. 

Review

I've been putting off this review for some reason. I think I don't have a lot to say, but I want to write something to support Krista and Becca.

I did really like this story which I expected. But it just wasn't quite a five star read. There isn't anything in particular. Maybe I'm just always comparing the Core 6 books with the Like Us books. LiLo is my OTP and nothing can compare.

This is a fake dating trope which isn't one of my favorites. But this was helped by the fact that Jane and Thatcher own their attraction for one another. A lot of times there's denial and-in my opinion-unnecessary drama. And they do have really good chemistry. And I definitely had to Google something that happened in a sex scene-you read and you learn.

I liked getting to know Thatcher. I know a lot of people disliked him because of the Farrow situation, but I was not one of those people. And I loved the relationship between him and his twin-Banks. I know that meant a lot to Krista and Becca because they are twins and you can tell.

Jane is definitely odd, but she is 100% herself. That is something to admire and I really like seeing a character like that. 

The ending was not what I expected, but I am very happy with it. And I can't wait for the next book. There is no release date yet, but it should be out this year.

Thanks for reading!
Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment