Monday, August 28, 2017

Review: The Heir by Kiera Cass

22918050
Series: The Selection Book #4
Format: Hardcover
Pages: 342
Rating: 3 Stars
How I Got It: Purchased
Genre: Young Adult
Publisher: Harper Collins

Synopsis courtesy of Goodreads

Princess Eadlyn has grown up hearing endless stories about how her mother and father met. Twenty years ago, America Singer entered the Selection and won the heart of Prince Maxon—and they lived happily ever after. Eadlyn has always found their fairy-tale story romantic, but she has no interest in trying to repeat it. If it were up to her, she'd put off marriage for as long as possible.

But a princess's life is never entirely her own, and Eadlyn can't escape her very own Selection—no matter how fervently she protests.

Eadlyn doesn't expect her story to end in romance. But as the competition begins, one entry may just capture Eadlyn's heart, showing her all the possibilities that lie in front of her . . . and proving that finding her own happily ever after isn't as impossible as she's always thought.

Review

I heard  a lot about Eadlyn before picking this up so I was prepared. I think that helped me enjoy this more than I might have.

Generally, I liked this book. It kept me engaged and I am interested in many of the side characters. I particularly like Kile, Erik, and Henri. Plus, it was nice to see the characters/couples from the original Selection trilogy. 

Then, there's Eadlyn. I really don't like her. She's such a selfish brat. She has no understanding of what other people are going through or that they are valid human beings. Now, I do hope this is leaving room for growth in the next book. I don't understand how Ms. Cass was able to write this character because she's so annoying. Like does anyone actually like her? America was annoying, but at least she was a good person.

I have a request with my library for the next book. I do want to read it, but I don't feel the need to keep/own these books on my shelf.

Thanks for reading!
Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment