Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Review: Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson

21551545
Stand Alone
Format: Paperback
Pages: 449
Rating: 5 Stars
How I Got It: Gift
Genre: YA Contemporary
Publisher: Simon & Schuster

Synopsis courtesy of Goodreads

It was Sloane who yanked Emily out of her shell and made life 100% interesting. But right before what should have been the most epic summer, Sloane just…disappears. All she leaves behind is a to-do list.

On it, thirteen Sloane-inspired tasks that Emily would normally never try. But what if they could bring her best friend back?

Apple picking at night? Okay, easy enough.

Dance until dawn? Sure. Why not?

Kiss a stranger? Um...

Emily now has this unexpected summer, and the help of Frank Porter (totally unexpected), to check things off Sloane's list. Who knows what she’ll find?

Go skinny-dipping? Wait...what?

Review

Holy crap! I was a little nervous for like the first hundred pages because it wasn't gripping me. But the book did end up sucking me in and had me crying by the end. And I think this is my second favorite Morgan Matson books.

The romance was cute and incredibly well-paced. But it was the friendships that really hooked me. I loved the exporation of different friendships-new, old, male/male, female/female, groups, etc. They all felt very real and organic.

And I really liked Emily. I have a lot of things in common with her. So, it was great to listen vicariously through her. And I felt like it was kind of inspiring.

Thanks for reading!
Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment