Monday, November 27, 2017

Review: Managed by Kristen Callihan

30325011
Series: VIP Book #2
Format: Ebook
Rating: 4 Stars
How I Got It: Borrowed from Library (Overdrive)
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Publisher: NLA Digital

Synopsis from Goodreads

It started off as a battle of wits. Me: the ordinary girl with a big mouth against Him: the sexy bastard with a big...ego.

I thought I’d hit the jackpot when I was upgraded to first class on my flight to London.

That is until HE sat next to me. Gabriel Scott: handsome as sin, cold as ice. Nothing and no one gets to him. Ever. He’s a legend in his own right, the manager of the biggest rock band in the world, and an arrogant ass who looks down his nose at me.

I thought I’d give him hell for one, long flight. I didn’t expect to like him. I didn’t expect to want him. But the biggest surprise? He wants me too. Only in a way I didn’t see coming.

If I accept his proposal, I leave myself open to falling for the one man I can’t manage. But I’m tempted to say yes. Because the real man beneath those perfect suits and that cool façade just might be the best thing that’s ever happened to me. And I just might be the only one who can melt the ice around his heart.

Let the battle begin…
 
Review

This was kind of a surprise. I liked it more than I initially thought I would.

Sophie was surprisingly likeable. She's so outgoing and chatty. These characters can come across annoying, but she wasn't. Gabriel was much more likeable than I expected. He was so reserved in this first book, but here you get behind that facade. Authors don't always make that choice and keep the guy distant which disappoints me. But Ms. Callihan went all in.

The romance was pretty angsty. The simmering tension between these two is spectacularly written. It kept me engaged and turning the page. And I liked that they didn't have sex right away. No slut shaming here, but it was a nice change from other books I've been reading lately.
 
There are so many other people I want books about in this series. The next one doesn't have a synopsis or a release date. I just want to know!!!

Thanks for reading!
Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment