Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Review: Seduce Me at Sunrise by Lisa Kleypas

2948832
Series: The Hathaways Book #2
Format Mass Market Paperback
Pages: 360
Rating: 5 Stars
How I Got It: Purchased
Genre: Historical Romance
Publisher: St. Martin's Paperbacks

Synopsis from GoodReads
 
He has tried hard to forget her.

Kev Merripen has longed for the beautiful, well-bred Winnifred Hathaway ever since her family rescued him from the brink of death when he was just a boy. But this handsome Gypsy is a man of mysterious origins—and he fears that the darkness of his past could crush delicate, luminous Win. So Kev refuses to submit to temptation... and before long Win is torn from him by a devastating twist of fate.

Can she remember the man he once was?

Then, Win returns to England... only to find that Kev has hardened into a man who will deny love at all costs. Meantime, an attractive, seductive suitor has set his sights on Win. It’s now or never for Kev to make his move. But first, he must confront a dangerous secret about his destiny—or risk losing the only woman he has lived for...
 
Review
 
I've lost count of how many times I've read this book. This was always my favorite in this already amazing series. Now, I think it may be falling down in my rankings, but still 5 stars obviously.
 
Win is great. She's a very refined and caring person. She may appear delicate especially because of her health issues but she has a fierceness and strength. She's kind, but doesn't let anyone walk all over her.
 
Merripen is angsty and brooding. He also feels deeply-especially for Win. I like that he works so hard and he does care for all the Hathaways. But I wish his life centered a little less around Win.
 
The romance is gripping and passionate. The fierceness with which these two love each other was always what I loved about the book. It still gets to me, but I see some of the flaws in this type of romance now. And Merripen has alpha/gypsy tendencies I'm sure some people would see as problematic.
 
I've really enjoying re-reading this series...again.
 
Thanks for reading!
Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment