Friday, January 12, 2018

Review: Pipe Dreams by Sarina Bowen

30627346
Series: Brooklyn Bruisers Book #3
Format: Mass Market Paperback
Pages: 336
Rating: 5 Stars
How I Got It: Christmas Gift
Genre: Contemporary Romance, Sports/hockey romance
Publisher: Berkley Books
Synopsis courtesy of Goodreads
Mike Beacon is a champion at defending the net, but off the ice, he’s not so lucky. A widower and a single father, he’s never forgotten Lauren Williams, the ex who gave him the best year of his life. When Lauren reappears in the Bruisers office during the playoffs, Beacon sees his chance to make things right.

Lauren hates that she’s forced to travel with the team she used to work for and the man who broke her heart. There’s still undeniable sexual tension running between her and Mike, but she won’t go down that road again. She’s focused on her plans for the future—she doesn’t need a man to make her dreams of motherhood come true.

Lauren plays her best defensive game, but she’s no match for the dark-eyed goalie. When the field of play moves to Florida, things heat up on the beach.

One of Mike’s biggest fans doesn’t approve—his teenage daughter. But a true competitor knows not to waste the perfect shot at love.

Review

It should come as no surprise that I loved this because I'm obsessed with Sarina Bowen. I read like 20 minutes on my lunch at work and then the rest was one sitting on my couch. My cat really appreciated just being able to sit on my lap for 3 hours.

Lauren was a real treat. Over the course of the series, she has gone from random bitchy girl to great character. It's a nice reminder not to judge people by how they appear. Mike was cute and I liked seeing him with his daughter. He's a little too impulsive for me, but that's personal preference.

As an aside, I want to talk about Mike's daughter and her manny. Their names are Elsa and Hans. I see what you did Ms. Bowen. Although, I did keep thinking of Hans from The Mighty Ducks.

The romance was well developed and pretty emotional. My eyes definitely teared up especially for Lauren. This is a reunited lovers story which is one of my favorite tropes. I would have liked a little more talking before jumping back into bed, but it wasn't a huge issue.

It was also nice to see a little friendship growing between all the ladies of these books. I hope that continues into the next one.

Speaking of, it better come out in February. I need Nate and Becca's story!!! There isn't a cover on Goodreads yet, so I'm a little nervous it will get pushed back.

Thanks for reading!
Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment