Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Review: Lovers Like Us by Krista and Becca Ritchie

36326400
Series: Like Us Book #2
Format: ebook
Rating: 4 Stars
How I Got It: Purchased
Genre: Contemporary Romance, M/M 
Publisher: Self-Published

Synopsis courtesy of Goodreads

Twenty-seven-year-old Farrow Keene lives by his actions, and his actions say he’s the best at whatever he does. As a 24/7 bodyguard and the new boyfriend to Maximoff Hale, protecting the headstrong, alpha billionaire has never been more complicated. And one rule can’t be bent: 

Keep your relationship secret from the public. 

Farrow is confident he’s the best man for the job. But a twist in Maximoff’s fast-paced life sticks them with the rest of Security Force Omega and their clients. 

On the road. 
In a sleeper tour bus. 
For four rocky months.

Sexual frustrations, check. Road trip drama, check. Awkward bonding, check. 

But Farrow couldn’t have accounted for a high-risk threat (identity: unknown) that targets Maximoff before the ignition even turns. And it hits Farrow — someone has it out for the guy he loves. 

Every day, Maximoff & Farrow's feelings grow stronger, and together, they'll either sink or swim. 

Review

I already wrote this review and then threw it out. But I will not be silenced-by myself-so here we go again.

Farrow really worked for me here. Moffy is a little hard to connect with because he's so closed off, but Farrow is more accessible. While their alpha personalities are not my favorite (in general) I do like them here. And it is pretty cute to see Moffy's awkwardness about being in a relationship.

Seeing Jane and Moffy's relationship under pressure broke my heart. And that's probably a good thing. It reminds you how destructive fame and the media can be. It also made the small moments of peace they do have all the more sweet. Every time Moffy calls her Janie I can't help but smile.

This book does deal with some serious issues, but it was still very funny. There's a truth or dare scene with the bodyguards that was perfect. Just thinking about it makes me want to reread it. That scene is quintessential Krista and Becca Ritchie. They are great at writing an ensemble cast/scene.

Then, there's Jane and Thatcher. I need their story so bad. I need in Thatcher's head and need this romance like I need to breathe.

Thanks for reading!

Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment