Wednesday, March 6, 2019

Book Review: Mixtape: A Love Song Anthology

42730366
Anthology
Format: ebook
Rating: 3 Stars
How I Got It: Purchased
Genre: Romance, New Adult, Contemporary
Publisher: Self-Published

Synopsis courtesy of Goodreads

What’s more romantic than a love song? A mixtape full of them.

Twelve bestselling and award-winning authors have curated an anthology of brand-new, standalone stories inspired by love songs.

Review

I picked up this story because of Elle Kennedy's story. I haven't even heard of the other authors. (Sorry) That's the good thing about anthologies: you can explore new and different authors.

Unfortunately, I was disappointed by the anthology overall. The first story actually got my first 1 star ever. Overall, there was the one 1 star, two 2 stars, seven 3 stars, and 2 four stars. The Elle Kennedy story was my favorite and very sweet. The other story I really enjoyed was "Say Yes". 

It is a pretty diverse anthology especially when it comes to LGBTQ+ and sexual kinks/fetishes. The diversity is good because it exposes you to different things, but it also limits the possibility of a five star read overall.

I did review a handful of the individual stories on my blog if you want to check those out.

Thanks for reading!
Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment