Sunday, August 23, 2015

Week in Review (8/14-8/22)


So, I don’t know if this will become a regular thing or not, but I wanted to share more about myself. Sometimes there are things I just want to talk about and don’t want to put them in a video. I will talk about books in these posts and what I’m reading, but there will also be more personal things. This will probably turn into a personal journal of sorts in case I want to look back on things.

And this is probably going to be a big one, because my brother got married last weekend. I’m so happy about it and still kind of riding that high.

So last weekend my brother got married to his girlfriend of 8 years. I honestly didn’t know if they would ever get married, but I knew they would be together forever so my family was ok with their situation. When my brother called me at 10PM last year to tell me he proposed I was beyond excited. I love his (now wife) and she is a perfect fit for our family. They are perfect together and the kind of couple that makes you believe in love.

A photo posted by Holly (@karolena3) on


I live in Rochester, NY and they live in Albany so we had to travel for the wedding. It’s about a four hour drive so I figured I would get a lot of reading done. I mean I had 8 hours of time where I couldn’t do anything else. I actually didn’t end up getting that much read. I finished one book (One Dragon Deserves Another). I don’t think I realized how exhausted I would be so I spent a lot of time sleeping in the car.

25635416

I’ve also been dealing with a back injury since May. I’m currently taking a muscle relaxer daily to deal with the pain. I typically take it once at night. But since I knew the wedding day would be a big day I took one in the morning. My big mistake was not bringing one with me in my purse to take half way through the day. By the time we got to the reception I was dying. My dad offered to take me back to the hotel, but I didn’t want to miss one second of this wedding. I couldn’t dance as much as I wanted, because I basically have one dance move and it hurts my back. I was actually really worried that I had ruined any progress I made on my back, but it’s been about a week now and the pain is only slightly worse than it was before I left for the wedding.

This week has also been a very weird reading mood for me. Actually, I’ve been in a weird mood all around. I have very little energy despite sleeping more than normal and I don’t want to eat anything I normally like. I’ve been taking an anti-anxiety drug for about a month and I think I’m starting to experience some pretty weird symptoms. The weirdest one is that foods and drinks taste different now. It’s like I can’t trust myself.

For reading, I’ve been on a new adult kick. I was trying to avoid it at first, but now I’ve just thrown myself into it. I’m especially interested in books that take place in college. I’ve also been watching dorm tours on youtube. I’ve been out of college for almost 5 years, but maybe the time of year is making me nostalgia.

I actually just finished The Mistake by Elle Kennedy (review coming soon). And I freaking loved it. It reminds me a lot of Sarina Bowen’s writing so I can’t wait to read the book they wrote together. In fact, I already bought it.

I think that’s it for now. We’ll see if I do this again next week.

Books read this week
One Good Dragon Deserves Another by Rachel Aaron
Dark Fever by Karen Marie Moning
First to Burn by Anna Richland
The Mistake by Elle Kennedy

Blog posts from this week

Next week’s (hopeful TBR)
Him by Sarina Bowen and Elle Kennedy
Heartless by Gail Carriger
Demonglass by Rachel Hawkins

Video’s posted this week
Book Review: Everything Between Us

Top 5 Wednesday: Tropes you Hate

Books received this week
I bought these books
The Mistake by Elle Kennedy
Him by Sarina Bowen and Elle Kennedy

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment