Sunday, August 24, 2014

Review: Racing Savannah by Miranda Kenneally



Series: Hundred Oaks (Companion Series)

Format: Paperback

Pages: 304

Rating: 3 Stars

How I Got It: Purchased

                If you’ve watched some of my videos you might know I’m not the biggest fan of Miranda Kenneally’s work-especially Stealing Parker. But I am a sucker for horse books so I had to give this one a chance.

                I do not regret reading Racing Savannah-although it only took me a few hours. And it’s probably my favorite Miranda Kenneally novel . Granted the bar was a little low.

                First, let’s talk about the things I did like. Savannah when she was interacting with the horses was good. She felt real and you could see the bond between them. I also really liked the side characters like Savannah’s friends and their stories. But that’s often how I feel about side characters in her books. I also liked The Goodwin family. She made them different than expected and I appreciate that. Although I wish we got to spend more time with them.

                My main complaint is Savannah. This seems to be normal for me-I just don’t like her protagonists. I thought she was rude and immature. This was especially clear when she interacted with her father and his girlfriend. I also didn’t understand her personal/romantic relationships.

                So, I would cautiously recommend Racing Savannah. If you enjoyed her other books you would enjoy this one. One nice thing is that you get to catch up with characters from previous books like Jordan and Corndog. I always like little things like that.

             


~Thanks for reading!
Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment