Sunday, February 1, 2015

Forest Born by Shannon Hale



Series: Books of Bayern
Format: Paperback
Rating: 4 Stars
How I Got It: Gift from family

                It’s taken many years, but I’ve finally finished this series. I think I put this off because Rin is a new character and I didn’t have anything invested in her. But I grew to like her and her story. Plus, this really brought together to past storylines and characters.
                Although, I did have a few issues. Sometimes, she was a little childish and I would just want her to grow up. And all of the characters made some stupid decisions-both in action and their willingness to just believe what people tell them.
                But, overall, I liked what the characters did and where they went. Most of the story followed four strong women. And they were all strong in different ways. Plus, they have a great friendship.
                And I will always love Ms. Hale’s writing. She has a style that’s beautiful and soothing. I often describe her books as slow, but I mean that in the best possible way. I want to read slowly and savor the words and descriptions. It’s just so beautiful.

Thanks for reading!
~Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment