Sunday, January 11, 2015

Wicked Games by Jessica Clare



Series: Games #1
Format: E-book
Pages:  160
Rating: 2 stars
How I Got It: Purchased

                This was a pretty disappointing read. I wanted to like it because I’m a fan of Survivor and other competition reality shows. But this just failed to live up to the potential it had.
                I think that thing that hurts it is the length. If there were another five to ten thousand words it probably would have been better. The characters, romance, and conflict just weren’t developed enough. They all felt flat and rushed.
                Plus, who wants to have sex when you aren’t showering or brushing your teeth for weeks? And how do they even have the energy to get it on? I know that people say it’s happened on Survivor, but it isn’t a constant thing.
                I did like the premise of the book. And it was an easy, fast read. I wasn’t particularly invested in the romance, but was curious to see how the game would play out.
                If you aren’t looking for anything deep and want a different kind of setting you might like this, but I honestly wouldn’t recommend it.
                And I may pick up another book in the series someday. I didn’t hat this and I am still interested in a book that plays with popular reality shows.

Thanks for reading!
Holly 

No comments:

Post a Comment