Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Last Call by Alice Clayton



Series: Cocktail Series #4.5
Format: Paperback
Pages: 135
Rating: 4 Stars
How I Got It: Purchased

I'm definitely sad to see Caroline and Simon go, but this was a great first read of the year. These two are right up there with Becky Bloomwood and Luke Brandon on my favorite couples list. And this was a great conclusion. It isn't anything groundbreaking if you just want to spend some time with the characters this will satisfy.

This still had Caroline's humor. And the great adventures of Wallbanger and Nightie Girl continue. And it was fun to see all of the characters lives changing. I love that Ms. Clayton allows her characters to still be themselves even though they are getting married and/or having babies. Plus, there are tons of tid-bits if you've read any other Alice Clayton bits.

My one major complaint is that there was not nearly enough Clive. He was hardly in the story and I loved reading about him and Simon. It seems like a small thing, but it did bother me. I do wish this was longer, because I could always spend more time with Caroline and Simon.

Unfortunately, this being over means I've read every Alice Clayton. she did say, in the acknowledgments, that she's working on a new series. But who knows when that'll actually come out. I'll be buying it though.

Thanks for reading!
Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment