Sunday, August 24, 2014

Review: Meant to Be by Lauren Morrill



Format: Hardcover
Pages: 304
Rating: 3 Stars
How I Got It: Purchased

                Meant to be is Lauren Morrill’s debut and the first book I’ve read by her. I would say it was a fast enjoyable read, but very predictable. It felt a lot like an ABC Family or Disney Channel movie. Which I say without judgment, because there is an audience and time for those movies.
                The setting is great. We got glimpses of London and other areas in England. I enjoyed being somewhere other than New York City or generic small town like so many other YA books.
                Julia, the main character was OK and kind of forgettable. Although her klutziness was almost too much. Jason, the guy, didn’t make sense to me. He said and did some things I just don’t understand. But that is the drawback of first person. Dual perspective may have fixed these problems.
                The romance was the same way: kind of forgettable. Some things were rushed and not developed as well as they could have been. But I did enjoy myself while reading it.
                I would recommend this if you are looking for a quick light contemporary. I enjoyed it enough that I will check out Lauren Morrill’s other/future books but not right away.

~Thanks for reading!
Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment