Monday, September 21, 2015

Review: The Secret of Ella and Micha by Jessica Sorensen



17162859

Series: Secret #1
Format: Paperback
Pages: 309
Rating: 3 Stars
How I Got It: Purchased
Genre: New Adult, Contemporary Romance
Publisher: Forever

Synopsis courtesy of Goodreads

 A rule-breaker with a fiery attitude, Ella always wore her heart on her sleeve. Then she left everything behind to go to college, where she transformed into someone who follows the rules, keeps everything together, and hides all her problems. Now it's summer break and she has nowhere else to go but home. But once there, Ella fears that everything she's worked so hard to bury might resurface-especially with Micha living right next door.

Smart, sexy, and confident, Micha can get under Ella's skin like no one else. He knows everything about her, including her darkest secrets. If he tries to tempt the old Ella to return, he will be impossible to resist. But what Ella doesn't realize is that when she left, she took a piece of Micha's heart with her. Now he's determined to win back the girl he lost, no matter what it takes.

Review

Jessica Sorensen has been on my list of authors to read for a while. And I’ve heard a lot of good things. I will read more books by her, but this wasn’t anything special for me.

The premise of this plot and the characters relationships interested me and has a lot of potential. There is definitely a lot that can be unpacked and I’m hopeful that will be developed in the next books.

I like Micha the most. He’s generally a good guy who cares about Ella. I wish he was a little nicer to his mom, but she doesn’t seem to care. Ella is ok, but her self-pity gets a little annoying. And I really like Lila. She really wants to be a good friend to Ella.

The writing was a little weak for me. A huge part of it is that I didn’t buy the romance between Ella and Micha. Actually, that’s not quite true. I don’t buy their interactions-especially how they physically interact when they are “just friends.” It just didn’t feel realistic.

I do own the next book and will read it, but probably not immediately. And I would like to read another book by Jessica Sorensen to see if she is an author for me.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment