Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Review: The Crown Conspiracy by Michael J. Sullivan

10790290
Series: The Riyria Revelations Book #1
Format: Bind up
Pages: 311
Rating: 4 Stars
How I Got It: Purchased
Genre: Fantasy
Publisher: Orbit

Synopsis courtesy of Goodreads

There's no ancient evil to defeat or orphan destined for greatness, just unlikely heroes and classic adventure. Royce Melborn, a skilled thief, and his mercenary partner, Hadrian Blackwater, are two enterprising rogues who end up running for their lives when they're framed for the murder of the king. Trapped in a conspiracy that goes beyond the overthrow of a tiny kingdom, their only hope is unraveling an ancient mystery before it's too late.
 
Review

This definitely lived up to the hype I've seen and heard. It was very approachable fantasy with likable characters. I'll definitely keep reading about Royce and Hadrian.

Like I already said this was approachable. The waiting was easy and not dense. It also had a decent amount of humor which was an added bonus. It bounces around different POVs and locations, but I never felt lost or confused which is something I always fear when going into a fantasy book.

I really liked the characters and thought they were well-developed. Royce and Hadrian are a great little partnership. I want to spend more time with them and to find out more about their mysterious parts.

But Myron is my favorite. He's just amazing and adorable. I hope he continues to be a presence in future books. I can't even explain why I like him so much.

There is definitely a lot going on in this world. Mr. Sullivan laid some groundwork that I'm sure will really build up an amazing series. I'm eager to see what he does with it and I want to know more about the magic system and political factions.

Thanks for reading!
Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment