Friday, August 12, 2016

The Countess Conspiracy by Courtney Milan

13489925
Series: The Brothers Sinister Book #3
Format: Ebook
Rating: 4 Stars
How I Got It: Purchased in ebook bindup
Genre: Historical Romance
Publisher: Self-Published

Synopsis courtesy of Goodreads
 
Sebastian Malheur is the most dangerous sort of rake: an educated one. When he’s not scandalizing ladies in the bedchamber, he’s outraging proper society with his scientific theories. He’s desired, reviled, acclaimed, and despised—and he laughs through it all.

Violet Waterfield, the widowed Countess of Cambury, on the other hand, is entirely respectable, and she’d like to stay that way. But Violet has a secret that is beyond ruinous, one that ties her irrevocably to England’s most infamous scoundrel: Sebastian’s theories aren’t his. They’re hers.

So when Sebastian threatens to dissolve their years-long conspiracy, she’ll do anything to save their partnership...even if it means opening her vulnerable heart to the rake who could destroy it for good.


Review
 
I was really excited going into this one. And I did really enjoy it. Courtney Milan is a great author. But I was a little let down. The ending especially is were I thought there could've been more development.

Sebastian and Violet were both great. He was probably the best version of the "unrequited" love character I've ever read. So good, I even feel weird classifying him that way. And Violet was such a complex character. They also have a very interesting relationship. They are friends, but also have a really difficult situation to deal with.

Sorry, my recent reviews have been pretty crappy. I'll try to get better.

Thanks for reading!
Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment