Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Review: Made For You by Lauren Layne

21489269
Series: The Best Mistake #2
Format: Mass Market Paperback
Pages: 320
Rating: 2.5 Stars
How I Got It: Borrowed from Library
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Publisher: Forever

Synopsis courtesy of Goodreads
 
Will Thatcher is exactly the type of sexy playboy good girls like Brynn have always avoided. And yet there was still something about him she just couldn't resist. When Will moved across the country three years ago, Brynn vowed it was time to put him behind her. She never thought Will might have other plans . . .

Back in town, Will intends to get what he's always wanted-gorgeous, unforgettable Brynn. For years, he tormented the untouchable ice princess in a desperate bid for her attention. Now he has a new plan, and he'll do anything to rewrite their stormy past. This time, he's out to show Brynn that the imperfect man might be the best mistake of her life . . .


Review

This was a little frustrating. Brynn kind of got on my nerves and was a little oblivious to everything going on around her. And it had some of the bickering couple thing I love but it wasn't done particularly well.

I think if more time had been spent in Will's head I would've given this a higher rating. He definitely the more likeable character. Plus, I feel like I didn't get to know him because Brynn is so blind. Even if it was just in the flashbacks. So many chapters start with a look at Brynn's past/childhood and I think if some of them were for Will it would have added something.

Will comes across more as a prop in Brynn's development but she didn't develop particularly well. I don't completely love were she ends up but that isn't my issue. Instead it's that I don't understand why she made the decisions she made. This is especially bad because so little time is spent with Will. So Brynn should really shine.

This was a very fast read and I didn't hate it. But I also wouldn't necessarily recommend it. I've read better by this author and fell like this shows how she has become a better writer over the years.

Thanks for reading!
Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment