Friday, January 20, 2017

Review: Animal Magnetism by Jill Shalvis

8277481
Series: Animal MagnetismBook #1
Format: eBook
Rating: 4 Stars
How I Got It: Borrowed from the library (Overdrive)
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Publisher: Berkley

Synopsis courtesy of Goodreads
 
Co-owner of the town's only kennel, Lilah Young has lived in Sunshine, Idaho, all her life. Pilot-for-hire Brady Miller is just passing through. But he soon has Lilah abandoning her instincts and giving in to a primal desire.

It's Brady's nature to resist being tied down, but there's something about Lilah and her menagerie that keeps him coming back for more.


Review

Jill Shalvis does have a certain kind of magic. Her books make me feel the same way a Julia Quinn historical does. And that is a very good thing. Oh and she oh so subtly laid out some sequel bait so of course I have to go to my library to pick up the next two-Overdrives doesn't have them available and I don't want to wait.

I enjoy a nice military hero every now and then but sometimes they're a little too caveman for me. Brady was a nice balance. He is jealous of other men when Lilah is nice to them but doesn't turn into an idiot and is aware of his feelings. He's also incredibly nice and caring to her and others. OMG! Him and Twinkles the dog was like the best thing ever.

Lilah was also a fun character. She has some of that innocence you see in romance but it's more tied to her open heart than sex. She's got some serious agency in all things including her sex life. She knows what she wants and isn't afraid to go after that/it.

Their chemistry jumped off the page and they really complimented each other. I love when an author takes the time to have the characters talk in addition to the sexy times in bed (or whatever). To me that's what really sells them as a couple and it's an easy way to get to know them as individuals and a pair.

I'm so glad I started reading Jill Shalvis' books and I completely see why people love her. These are fun quick reads with likeable characters. The parade of adorable animals doesn't hurt either.

Thanks for reading!
Holly


No comments:

Post a Comment