Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Review: The Goal by Elle Kennedy

28262024
Series: Off-Campus Book #4
Format: ebook
Rating: 4 Stars
How I Got It: Purchased
Genre: New Adult, Contemporary Romance
Publisher: Self-Published

Synopsis courtesy of Goodreads
 
College senior Sabrina James has her whole future planned out: graduate from college, kick butt in law school, and land a high-paying job at a cutthroat firm. Her path to escaping her shameful past certainly doesn’t include a gorgeous hockey player who believes in love at first sight. One night of sizzling heat and surprising tenderness is all she’s willing to give John Tucker, but sometimes, one night is all it takes for your entire life to change.

Tucker believes being a team player is as important as being the star. On the ice, he’s fine staying out of the spotlight, but when it comes to becoming a daddy at the age of twenty-two, he refuses to be a bench warmer. It doesn’t hurt that the soon-to-be mother of his child is beautiful, whip-smart, and keeps him on his toes. The problem is, Sabrina’s heart is locked up tight, and the fiery brunette is too stubborn to accept his help. If he wants a life with the woman of his dreams, he’ll have to convince her that some goals can only be made with an assist.


Review

This was an enjoyable read, but probably my least favorite in the series. It actually felt very different in tone than the others. And it took me a little bit of time to understand a large part of this takes place at the same time as The Score.

So, I like Sabrina and Tucker as characters. Sabrina is a woman I don't read often. She is regularly described as a bitch and is, but she has to focus on a lot of things that don't include inter-personal relationships. My life is nowhere near as stressful as her's but I understand her. Then, there's Tucker. He is one of the sweetest and most gentle men I've read about. As fun as it is to read about the Daemon Blacks and Dean de Laurentises of the world, Tucker is the kind of guy I want to marry.

Potential spoilers ahead.

The major thing that pulled this down for me was the pregnancy thing. It's just a storyline I'm not a fan of. But Ms. Kennedy handled it fairly well. She explored the struggles of an unplanned pregnancy for a mna and a woman with respect. And I appreciated her honest look at the struggle parenthood can be.

I'm hoping/thinking there will be a spin-of series and I'm excited about that. Maybe it'll follow the apartment, because I need to know more about Fitzy.

Thanks for reading!
Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment