Friday, February 3, 2017

Review: Silk is for Seduction by Loretta Chase

9466068
Series: Dressmakers Book #1
Format: Ebook
Rating: 4 Stars
How I Got It: Borrowed from Library/Overdrive
Genre: Historical Romance
Publisher: Avon

Synopsis courtesy of Goodreads
 
Brilliant and ambitious dressmaker Marcelline Noirot is London's rising star. And who better to benefit from her talent than the worst-dressed lady in the ton, the Duke of Clevedon's intended bride? Winning the future duchess's patronage means prestige and fortune for Marcelline and her sisters. To get to the lady, though, Marcelline must win over Clevedon, whose standards are as high as his morals are . . . not.

The prize seems well worth the risk—but this time Marcelline's met her match. Clevedon can design a seduction as irresistible as her dresses;and what begins as a flicker of desire between two of the most passionately stubborn charmers in London soon ignites into a delicious inferno . . . and a blazing scandal.

And now both their futures hang by an exquisite thread of silk


Review

This is my first Loretta Chase book and it was pretty good. I tried to read one before and it just didn't connect with me. And that doesn't surprise me. Even at about 30% in I was rather ambivalent. Or worse, I didn't want the couple together at all. But Ms. Chase pulled it together and I'm glad I pushed myself.

Both of the main characters are different for me. They're both selfish-she owns up to this regularly. They're also very arrogant. She's kind of ballsy which I appreciate. But their behavior was what made me so hesitant. I don't even know how she did it, but she made me believe that they were made for each other.

Normally, I don't like stories with kids, but Lucie was a little gem. I think she was one of the major things that brought me around. She even wrapped me around her little finger.

The side characters were also interesting-Clara is probably my favorite. And I am excited to read their stories at some point.

Thanks for reading!
Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment