Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Review: The Queen by Kiera Cass

22054340
Series: The Selection Book .4
Format: Ebook
Rating: 4  Stars
How I Got It: Borrowed from Library (Overdrive)
Genre: Young Adult
Publisher: Harper Teen Impulse

Synopsis courtesy of Goodreads
 
Before America Singer's story began, another girl came to the palace to compete for the hand of a different prince….
Don't miss this digital original novella set in the captivating world of Kiera Cass's #1 New York Times bestselling Selection series. This prequel story takes place before the events of The Selection and is told from the point of view of Prince Maxon's mother, Amberly. Discover a whole new Selection with this inside look at how Maxon's parents met—and how an ordinary girl named Amberly became a beloved queen.

Review

I don't remember much from the Selection series, but I do remember liking Amberly. Novellas are kind of a crap-shoot but I thought I would give this one a chance.

This is part of Amberly's journey through the Selection. My rating is primarily based on the fact that I like her. But I didn't really get the point of the story. Like what did this contribute to the overall story/world? Maybe I've forgotten things, but what is up with her headaches. And Clarkson is a manipulative ass. The fact that she never even acknowledges this just leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Maybe this would have more of an impact if I read the series proper. And I probably will someday.

Thanks for reading!
Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment