Friday, August 11, 2017

Review: Stolen Songbird by Danielle L. Jensen

17926775
Series: The Malediction Trilogy Book #1
Format: ebook
Rating: 4 Stars
How I Got It: Borrowed from Library (Overdrive)
Genre: Young Adult, Fantasy
Publisher: Strange Chemistry

Synopsis courtesy of Goodreads

For five centuries, a witch’s curse has bound the trolls to their city beneath the mountain. When Cécile de Troyes is kidnapped and taken beneath the mountain, she realises that the trolls are relying on her to break the curse.

Cécile has only one thing on her mind: escape. But the trolls are clever, fast, and inhumanly strong. She will have to bide her time…

But the more time she spends with the trolls, the more she understands their plight. There is a rebellion brewing. And she just might be the one the trolls were looking for...

Review

I first heard about this from Bekah Awesome Book Nut. She loved it so I wanted to read it. But I was cautious so I wanted to get it from the library.

So, I did enjoy the story and characters. I’m a little confused about the world, but understood the troll politics at least. Cecile was an engaging character. I liked Tristin too, but his POV chapters were few and far between. The romance was a bit rushed. I just don’t think the “L” word needs to be dropped so fast.

I don’t have much to say obviously, but I have one potential spoiler.

So, Tristin makes a comment about how the Trolls aren’t from earth and that’s not what they are called. So, they’re fairies. I don’t know this for sure but the hints were heavy-handed. I’m not sure how I feel about this. I kind of wanted them to be real trolls, because I’ve never read a story about them before.

Thanks for reading!
Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment