Monday, November 20, 2017

Review: Mortal Heart by Morgan LaFevers

20522640
Series: His Fair Assassin Book #1
Format:Paperback
Pages: 444
Rating: 4 Stars
How I Got It: Gift
Genre:Young Adult, Fantasy, Historical
Publisher: HMH Books for Young Readers

Synopsis courtesy of Goodreads
 
Annith has watched her gifted sisters at the convent come and go, carrying out their dark dealings in the name of St. Mortain, patiently awaiting her own turn to serve Death. But her worst fears are realized when she discovers she is being groomed by the abbess as a Seeress, to be forever sequestered in the rock and stone womb of the convent. Feeling sorely betrayed, Annith decides to strike out on her own.

She has spent her whole life training to be an assassin. Just because the convent has changed its mind doesn't mean she has...
  
 
Review
 
Here's another book I've been putting off reading. And now that I'm writing this review. And now that I'm writing this, I don't know what to write.
 
As my rating suggests, I enjoyed this book. Annith was an interesting and compelling character. I enjoyed reading from her perspective even though the lord knows I don't like first person books. And I do like seeing more of the relationship between the three ladies.
 
The romance was fairly compelling. I won't be super spoilery, but I did figure out what I would call the mystery. I am a little conflicted about the romance between these two even though I enjoyed the chemistry between them.
 
I don't read a lot of books in this genre, but I have enjoyed them. I will continue to read Robin LaFevers books as they come into my possession.
 
Thanks for reading!
Holly  

No comments:

Post a Comment