Friday, February 2, 2018

Review: One Dance with a Duke by Tessa Dare

6809488
Series: Stud Club Book #1
Format: Ebook
Rating: 4 Stars
How I Got It: Borrowed from Library (Overdrive)
Genre: Historical Romance
Publisher: Ballantine Books
Synopsis courtesy of Goodreads

A handsome and reclusive horse breeder, Spencer Dumarque, the fourth Duke of Morland, is a member of the exclusive Stud Club, an organization so select it has only ten members--yet membership is attainable to anyone with luck. And Spencer has plenty of it, along with an obsession with a prize horse, a dark secret, and, now, a reputation as the dashing "Duke of Midnight." Each evening he selects one lady for a breathtaking midnight waltz. But none of the women catch his interest, and nobody ever bests the duke--until Lady Amelia d'Orsay tries her luck.

In a moment of desperation, the unconventional beauty claims the duke's dance and unwittingly steals his heart. When Amelia demands that Spencer forgive her scapegrace brother's debts, she never imagines that her game of wits and words will lead to breathless passion and a steamy proposal. Still, Spencer is a man of mystery, perhaps connected to the shocking murder of the Stud Club's founder. Will Amelia lose her heart in this reckless wager or win everlasting love?
Review

I've been in a Tessa Dare mood, but I already read everything. So I decided to go to some older books. I had read these in like college but don't remember much about them.

I did enjoy this and it was like a marriage of convenience story. Amelia and Spencer were strong-especially Amelia. Spencer could be really pushy and kind of an a-hole, but she held her own against him. There was one time where she seemed to take his crap, but then when she had him alone explained how he could and could not treat her. You go girl!

There's a friendship brewing between the men in the Stud Club. Like I said before, I don't remember a lot so I don't know what's going to happen. But I definitely hope to see that friendship grow. I'm a sucker for a good friendship.

I'm glad I re-read this and am excited to keep going with the trilogy.

Thanks for reading!
Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment