Monday, July 9, 2018

Review: And the Good News Is by Dana Perino

26453658
Stand Alone
Format: Audio Book/Hardcover
Rating: 5 Stars
How I Got It: Library/Own
Genre: Non-Fiction/Memoir
Publisher: Hachette/Tweleve

Synopsis courtesy of Goodreads

Thoughtful, inspiring and often surprising, AND THE GOOD NEWS IS... traces Dana's unlikely journey through politics, the White House, and television. She has an uncanny ability for knowing what to say and how best to say it. AND THE GOOD NEWS IS... blends a candid self-portrait with advice for allowing your own grace, optimism, smarts and personality to shine through, emphasizing that dignity and civility are choices that only we can make for ourselves. A recurring theme in AND THE GOOD NEWS IS...is that planning has never worked for Dana; every time she has made a plan, something unexpected-and often better-has happened.

Review

I own the physical copy of this, but listened to the audio book. I just prefer to listen to my non-fiction. I would've prefered Dana Perino actually read it, but the narrator.

This book does address politics, but it is more than that. I believe Dana's story and outlook on life transcend politics. She has a strong work ethic and a positive outlook on life. You can tell how much she cares about people when reading through her stories.

I almost cried hearing about the lose of her dog, Henry. I was shopping in Michael's and barely kept it together. And I couldn't stop smiling when she was telling the story of how she met and fell in love with her husband, Peter. Their story is cute and like a freaking romance novel.

Anyone could take something of value from this book, but I would particularly recommend it to young women. She addresses the struggles of being a professional woman, being happy, and maintaining healthy and happy relationships. Now, I have to read/listen to her other book.

Thanks for reading!
Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment