Wednesday, January 2, 2019

Review: Succubus Blues by Richelle Mead

8400805
Series: Georgina Kincaid Book #1
Format: ebook
Rating: 4 Stars
How I Got It: Borrowed from the Library
Genre: Paranormal, Romance
Publisher: Kensington

Synopsis courtesy of Goodreads

When it comes to jobs in hell, being a succubus seems pretty glamorous. A girl can be anything she wants, the wardrobe is killer, and mortal men will do anything just for a touch. Granted, they often pay with their souls, but why get technical? 

But Seattle succubus Georgina Kincaid's life is far less exotic. At least there's her day job at a local bookstore--free books;all the white chocolate mochas she can drink;and easy access to bestselling, sexy writer, Seth Mortensen, aka He Whom She Would Give Anything to Touch but Can't. 

But dreaming about Seth will have to wait. Something wicked is at work in Seattle's demon underground. And for once, all of her hot charms and drop-dead one-liners won't help because Georgina's about to discover there are some creatures out there that both heaven and hell want to deny. . . 

Review

A few years ago I had heard of this series. And I really enjoyed Richelle Mead's other books, especially the Bloodlines series. So, I finally got this from the library.

Generally, I would say I enjoyed this story. But it is nothing like I had expected.

There is a lot of serious stuff going on, but there was also a lot of humor. Georgina has a good amount of sass to her. There's also a strong ensemble of side characters.

I haven't ever read a story about a succubus. I have watched the TV show Lost Girl. The mythology is interesting and I'm eager to learn more about the world and characters.

There is a romance-which I expect to have a slow burn. However, there wasn't a lot of actual burn. There was banter, but I'm really only seeing the romance because of the synopsis. But I'm not opposed to Georgina and that guy getting together.

I've already gotten the rest of the series from the library and am eager to see where the story goes.

Thanks for reading!
Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment