Friday, February 22, 2019

Book Review: Say it First by Nikki Sloane

42730366
Part of the Mixtape Anthology
Format: ebook
Rating: 4 Stars
How I Got It: Purchased
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Publisher: Self-published

Synopsis courtesy of Goodreads

Twelve bestselling and award-winning authors have curated an anthology of brand-new, standalone stories inspired by love songs.

Review

This was such a cute story. I've never read a book by Nikki Sloane, but now I definitely want to check her books out. That's the good thing about anthologies like this-they expose you to new and different authors.

Jamie and Anna were both good and interesting characters. And I loved their-occasionally awkward-interactions. Especially when they were texting. I'm a huge fan of texting and letter/email writing in stories. I couldn't help, but smile reading their text exchanges. 

Ms. Sloane may have tried to shove a little too much into this story. That's a common issue in novellas. It isn't a big problem, but it did stop it from being a five-star read.

Thanks for reading!
Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment