Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Book Review: Toothpaste Kisses by Xio Axelrod

42730366
Mixtape Anthology
Format: ebook
Rating: 3.5 stars
How I Got It: Purchased
Genre: Contemporary romance, M/M
Publisher: Self-published

Synopsis courtesy of Goodreads

Twelve bestselling and award-winning authors have curated an anthology of brand-new, standalone stories inspired by love songs.

Review

I am having a real hard time settling on a rating for this. Is it 3 stars or 4?

If this was a full-length novel it probably would've been 4 stars. There is a ton of potential to these characters and story. But neither were developed as much as I would've liked. I find this to be a common problem with novellas.

The art was probably my favorite part and I'm not even an artsy person. But I could feel how passionate Mal and Pell were about the paintings. And I could picture them-probably not exactly as the author intended, but my interpretation. 

In the end, I just wish their was more to this story than there was. The romance felt a little rushed. And I came away wondering if these two were just a one-night stand/fling or a HEA.

Thanks for reading!
Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment