Wednesday, May 22, 2019

Book Review: Daughter of the Siren Queen by Tricia Levenseller

36682619
Series: Daughter of the Pirate King Book #2
Format: Hardcover
Pages: 341
Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
How I Got It: Bought
Genre: Young Adult, Fantasy
Publisher: Feiwel & Friends

Synopsis courtesy of Goodreads

Alosa's mission is finally complete. Not only has she recovered all three pieces of the map to a legendary hidden treasure, but the pirates who originally took her captive are now prisoners on her ship. Still unfairly attractive and unexpectedly loyal, first mate Riden is a constant distraction, but now he's under her orders. And she takes great comfort in knowing that the villainous Vordan will soon be facing her father's justice.

When Vordan exposes a secret her father has kept for years, Alosa and her crew find themselves in a deadly race with the feared Pirate King. Despite the danger, Alosa knows they will recover the treasure first . . . after all, she is the daughter of the Siren Queen.

Review

I could not put this down. I read it so fast so I'm nervous about writing a review. But it's also a sequel so I do want to avoid spoilers.

A lot happened and I was definitely on the edge of my seat. There was tons of great tension with the plot and romance. I kept questioning what was going to happen.

And it definitely felt like a satisfying conclusion. I would've loved an epilogue, but I would always like an epilogue. There was a good blend of danger and "happiness' throughout the story-if that makes sense.

If you like the first book, I think you would like this one. This is one of my favorite books of the year. I only wish MS. Lvenseller had more books published. 

Thanks for reading!
Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment