Wednesday, July 3, 2019

Book Review: Warrior of the Wild by Tricia Levenseller

43446574. sy475
Stand Alone
Format: Hardcover
Pages: 329
Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
How I Got It: Purchaed
Genre: Fantasy, YA
Publisher: Feiwel & Friends

Synopsis courtesy of Goodreads

As her father's chosen heir, eighteen-year-old Rasmira has trained her whole life to become a warrior and lead her village. But when her coming-of-age trial is sabotaged and she fails the test, her father banishes her to the monster-filled wilderness with an impossible quest: To win back her honor, she must kill the oppressive god who claims tribute from the villages each year—or die trying.

Review

I read this in like 3 hours. And now I'm sad because I don't have any more Tricia Levenseller books to read. I just really enjoy her writing. For me, there is the right balance of fantasy, action, and romance. I also really appreciate a standalone fantasy.

The Viking-inspired elements were interesting. And there was definitely a serious and dark tone. I was kept on the edge of my seat. I would get anxious and made on Rasmira's behalf. I even teared up a couple of times. 

I've seen some people complain about the romance. I didn't think it overwhelmed the story but I also love a romance. The romance was cute and added some lightness to the story. The friendships were also a nice break. I also liked how the friendships impacted Rasmira and contributed to her character development.

Overall, this was engaging and a fun stand alone read. I loved spending time with these characters and in this world.

Thanks for reading!
Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment