Monday, August 11, 2014

Opposition by Jennifer L. Armentrout




Series: Lux
Format: Paperback
Pages: 352
Rating: 5 Stars
How I Got It: Purchased

                I’ve been waiting awhile for this last book in the Lux series. I was a little nervous: would it be satisfying? Would someone I love die a horrible death? And, like most series, I was sad for it to end. That’s a good thing-it shows how attached to the characters I am.
                I really don’t have much to say. I enjoyed the book and thought it was a very satisfying conclusion. I’m glad the characters from her adult novel, Obsession, showed up. And I loved seeing them interact with Daemon and Katy.
                Also, Archer. He basically stole the show. I loved him and Katy together. They had a fun brother/sister thing going on. And I’m with Katy-Daemon and Archer are just beginning a great bromance.
                And I’m glad the characters have continued to grow and change, but still maintain key parts of their personalities. Daemon will always think or say something sexual and inappropriate. Or Katy will think about books and her blog. But they’ve both really grown into adults and their romantic relationship has evolved as well.
                Really, quick can we talk about how great it is that Daemon is overprotective but knows Katy can protect herself. And he lets her fight (because he doesn’t control her) and she does kick some serious ass. We could use more characters and couples like them across genres.
                This was a great ending and I’m just as excited to read more Jennifer L. Armentrout books.

~Thanks for reading!
Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment