Saturday, August 30, 2014

Review: Deity by Jennifer L. Armentrout



Series: Covenant (Book 3)

Format: Paperback

Pages: 330

Rating: 4 Stars

How I Got It: Purchased

                Just like before, if you haven’t read the previous books in the series I wouldn’t read this review. I definitely think the series is getting better as it goes on. There were also a lot of twists and reveals I didn’t see coming. Honestly, I have no idea where the series is going to go since there are two books left.

                Ok. I want to talk about some spoilers in this review.

                First I want to talk about the whole Aidan/Alex relationship. There was some real forward momentum this book. I’m glad they were both willing to take a stand and commit to each other. Plus, I’m not sure I could handle another book with some conflict for them.

                Leon/Apollo and Marcus. I’ve liked both characters throughout the series. Marcus hasn’t gotten a lot of page time but I’ve always felt his love for Alex. He really proved it this book and I hope it stays that way. Leon has been a highlight and the arrogance of being Apollo just makes him all the more interesting. I really hope he doesn’t turn to a douche as the series continues.

                Seth. Seth. Seth. In the past I was conflicted about him. But in this book he bothered me.  I’m sympathetic to his past and have a feeling he’ll be redeemed, but he was a jerk. I found him incredibly manipulative in this book. It was kind of like he had multiple personalities. Like where did the sweet and vulnerable Seth go?

                Well, onto the novella Elixir I go.



~Thanks for reading!
Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment