Saturday, August 30, 2014

Review: Wallbanger by Alice Clayton



Series: Cocktail (Book 1)

Format: Ebook

Pages: 304

Rating: 5 Stars

How I Got It: Purchased

                Why did I ever not want to read this book?

                It is the funniest book I’ve read this year. And the characters: Oh my God, I want to be their friend. And the plot was executed perfectly. Part of me doesn’t want to read the sequel because this one was fantastic. Of course, I’ve already purchased Rusty Nailed and will read it.

                The plot in this novel is spectacular. Practically all the conflict is driven by Caroline and Simon’s choices and emotions. I love that there isn’t this over the top external conflict pulling them apart or pushing them together.

                And the pacing is great. I’ve been reading a lot of books lately where the characters just jump into bed so this was a breath of fresh air. Caroline and Simon built a beautiful and organic friendship. And they had some of the best banter I’ve ever read.

                Like I said before this book was hilarious. Both the characters and situations they themselves in were so funny. Somehow Ms. Clayton wrote a sitcom. I’m not sure I’ve ever read situational comedy, but she did it and did it well.

                Oh, and Clive. Clive is Caroline’s cat and he’s really a character with personality and sass. I fell in love with that stupid cat.

                If you were turned off this novel by the title or something else please give it a chance. It’s fantastic!






~Thanks for reading!
Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment