Saturday, August 30, 2014

Review: Pure by Jennifer L. Armentrout



Series: Covenant (2)

Format: Paperback

Pages: 329

Rating: 4 Stars

How I Got It: Purchased

                This was a big step up from book one. And while I don’t plan on spoiling anything in this book, but I will spoil Half-Blood so if you haven’t read that don’t read this.

                For the first third I still wasn’t the biggest fan of Alex. But, as bad as this might seem, I started to like her once she was suffering. It was like she mellowed out once things became more serious. Of course she continues to make dumb ass decisions, but it didn’t frustrate me anymore.

                I’m really glad the council in New York. It made the world more real and added a handful of interesting characters. Seeing Alex interact with people she hasn’t known for most of her life shows different parts of her personality.

                I definitely became more emotionally involved in this book. Throughout I felt sad and anxious  and angry. I also felt conflicted about some things that happened. My emotions getting invested really makes want continue with the series. Especially since we’re learning more about the world and the stakes are being raised.

                If you read the first book (Half-Blood) and were a little disappointed like me I would strongly encourage you to read the second book and then decide if you should finish the series or not.



~Thanks for reading!
Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment