Monday, September 8, 2014

Foreplay by Sophie Jordan



Series: Ivy Chronicles (Book 1)

Format: Ebook

Pages: 304

Rating: 3 Stars

How I Got It: Purchased

                Foreplay is a pretty standard new adult novel. It has two characters with dark/damaged pasts who engage in sexual shenanigans and then fall in love. It even has the oddly named characters and the unfortunate title. I don’t think this book was looking to be groundbreaking so I can’t complain too much.

                Overall, I enjoyed this story. I was definitely invested in the romance between Reece and Pepper. I loved (or had other strong emotions when necessary) whenever they were together. They were a good couple and Reece was many kinds of awesome.

                Actually, I liked Reece so much I really wish there was some dual POV I wanted to know more about what was going on in his head and still do. Sometimes you can get this in first person (I’m looking at you Easy), but not here.

                I will say one of the things that bothered me was the Hunter parts. Hunter is a perfectly nice guy, but I don’t like unrequited love stories. And this one particularly upset me. It felt like a tool to push Pepper and Reece together and that probably could have happened another way.

                Also, the story ended abruptly and seemed rushed. I was actually really surprised when it ended. I was actually really surprised when it ended. I was looking at my Nook like-“wait, are there chapters missing? Did they go missing in some digital wormhole? There has to be more.” Everything was resolved quickly and I felt some personal issues for both Pepper and Reece went unresolved.  I did like the Disney World bits though.

                I will say I want to read the other two books in the series. Part of the reason is that I hope this couple show up and I would like to see them more. I also liked the friendship between Pepper, Emerson, and Georgia so I’m intrigued to see what happens to the other two girls.


 ~Thanks for reading!
Holly 

No comments:

Post a Comment