Saturday, September 20, 2014

Review: Screwdrivered by Alice Clayton



Series: Cocktail (Book 3)

Format: Paperback

Pages: 245

Rating: 4 Stars

How I Got It: Purchased

                This is the third book in Alice Clayton’s Cocktail series and this one is about two new characters. And while it is a romance I think it’s more about Viv’s personal journey. The characters are great and it’s still funny (sort of) which I expect in an Alice Clayton book.

                The best part of this book is the characters and world building.

                Viv, especially, was developed well. And she isn’t what you would expect. She’s an alternative girl with tattoos and piercings, but she has a strong love for computers and painting. My favorite part is how anal retentive she is. She spends a lot of time cleaning and organizing. I just like it, because that isn’t a personality trait you would typically attribute to someone like her.

                And I can see that Viv is supposed to be funny. And I wouldn’t say she isn’t, but her humor just didn’t connect with me. Wallbanger made me laugh out loud and this was more ‘eh’.

                And I know you’re probably wondering what I meant by world building since this is a contemporary romance. But seriously, Ms. Clayton really created a community. I can clearly picture the characters who live there. I want to go visit them.

                I like that both Viv and Clark have nerdy characteristics. And just like Viv isn’t a stereotype, Clark has some surprises. I really liked Clark and wish I could have spent more time with him.

                Of course, some of the characters from the previous books show up which is always fun.

                I do wish it was a little longer. The romantic resolution was wrapped up a little quickly for my taste. And some things happened in the epilogue that seemed a little early or fast.

                Even with some of the disappointments it was an enjoyable read. And I want to read the next book which is about Clark’s cousin, Chloe.



~Thanks for reading!
Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment