Saturday, September 20, 2014

Silver Shadows by Richelle Mead



Series: Bloodlines (Book 5)

Format: Hardcover

Pages: 380

Rating: 4 Stars

How I Got It: Purchased

                I just couldn’t stay away from the Bloodlines world and had to read Silver Shadows. Honestly, this is my least favorite of the series, but it was still a four star read.

                My main complaint is that things seemed to drag. It felt like the first three hundred pages had no momentum. Now, I’ll admit that The Fiery Heart was probably like this, but it didn’t bother me as much. But once things got going it didn’t slow down.

                There were definitely a lot of emotions in this book for both me and the characters. Both Sydney and Adrian went through a lot. It’s like the previous book built them up and this one tore them down.

                I’m still really into Sydrian. They’re approaching OTP status for me. What I like is that they both bring things to the relationship-good and bad. They both have weaknesses and strengths. It also seems like they support and rely on each other equally. And this is both emotionally and with the “super powers” like Adrian’s Spirit and Sydney’s magic.  I wouldn’t have thought this was the case from the beginning, but they’ve helped each other grow and change.

                I may have had some issues with this book, but I’m still anxious for the next/last book. That was one hell of a cliffhanger. And I feel like there is a lot to wrap up with both the inter-personal and larger plot. Unlike the Vampire Academy books these have all been around the same length so I’m curious to see if The Ruby Circle is longer.

                And I want it now. There isn’t even a synopsis yet.

~Thanks for reading!
Holly

P.S.: I have no ideas what’s going on with the Aunt Tatiana thing. Is it going to be a huge story point or just minor?

No comments:

Post a Comment