Friday, September 5, 2014

Series Review: Covenant Series by Jennifer L. Armentrout



                I did review each book and novella in this series, but figured I would also review the series as a whole. If you average all my ratings the series gets a 3.8. And I think that’s a good representation of it. There series is interesting-especially as it continues-but it isn’t particularly unique.

                It’s not a secret that the series is similar to Vampire Academy. This does go away after the first couple books, but I found it distracting because I kept comparing them.

                Alex and Seth both gave me some issues but I enjoyed most of the characters. Even the side characters are well-developed and have a story arc. Aidan is probably my favorite character and I wish there was more from his perspective than just Elixir.

                I thought the romance was great. It began a little cliché, but then was developed very well. I don’t really want to spoil anything, but Ms. Armentrout knows how to write a fully flushed out romantic relationship.

                If you like paranormal romance, than I would recommend this one. If you read the Lux series I would say this series focuses a little more on the action and larger world than that series. Also, if you didn’t like the first book I would suggest trying the second. But if you still aren’t feeling it after reading Pure this may not be the series for you.

                Have you read the series? What did you think?

~Thanks for reading!
Holly 

No comments:

Post a Comment