Thursday, September 4, 2014

Review: Belladonna by Fiona Paul



Series: Secrets of the Eternal Rose Trilogy (Book 2)

Format: Paperback

Pages: 343

Rating: 3 Stars

How I Got It: Purchased

                I’m really struggling with this series. That may be odd since I gave it four stars, but I can’t bring myself to go down to three stars even though I have some issues.

                My biggest issue is the romance/love triangle.  It definitely feels like there’s supposed to be a love triangle between Cass, Falco, and Luca but I’m not feeling it.  I liked Falco in book one, but in this book I didn’t care about him or Luca. Granted she doesn’t spend a lot of time with either character so how can she have strong feelings for them? The romance kind of feels like an afterthought. It’s almost like she added the romance because this is a young adult book and that’s what is expected.

                Now, I am invested in the mystery aspect of the story. When the plot really gets into the Order and more information is revealed I can barely put the book down. Ms. Paul has created this super complicated world and I love getting immersed in it.

                There was also some mention of possible paranormal elements in this book. I’m honestly not sure what to believe, but in the best possible way. I will read the last book because I want to know how the mystery will unfold. But I really have no investment in the romance bits.

~Thanks for reading!
Holly 

Edit: Changed rating from 4 Stars to 3 Stars 

No comments:

Post a Comment