Saturday, November 1, 2014

Insatiable by Meg Cabot



Series: Insatiable (Book 1)

Format: Hardcover

Pages: 451

Rating: 3 Stars

How I Got It: Purchased

                This was a re-read for me. I honestly don’t remember specifically what my feelings were the first time, but I do recall liking it enough to want to read the sequel. At the time the second book wasn’t released.

                I did enjoy it, but it was a slow read. And that’s different for a Meg Cabot book. Normally her books are quick for me-both YA and adult. And the pacing is consistent. Even when the action picks up the pace doesn’t seem to speed up the way you would expect.

                The story is compelling, but I don’t particularly like any of the characters. My favorites were probably the side characters like Meena’s neighbors because they had some spunk and personality.

                And the insta-love. It’s made worse by the fact that Meena had this appearance of being anti-falling in love so quickly. And I definitely think something is going to happen between Alaric and Meena in the next book. And that brings me to their relationship. I just don’t get it. Why was she trying to help him all the time? He threatened to kill her and basically held her hostage, but she was nice to him. Looking back on it-Meena’s a little cuckoo for cocoa puffs.

                I may have had some issues, but I do still want to read the sequel. I probably won’t read it right away though. The next one is about half the size so maybe it’ll be a faster pace.

                If you’ve never read a Meg Cabot book I wouldn’t recommend this as a good first read. Personally, I like Every Boy’s Got One for adult and Avalon High or All American Girl for Young Adult.


~Thanks for reading!
Holly 

No comments:

Post a Comment