Monday, November 3, 2014

Make it Count by Megan Erikson



Series: Bowler University (Book 1)

Format: ebook

Pages:  336

Rating: 4 Stars

How I Got It: Purchased
               
                This read is part of a growing trend where I buy and read books I heard about on the DBSA podcast. And I haven’t been disappointed yet.

                This is a New Adult story but it’s not all angst and damaged pasts which was a breath of fresh air. Obviously there’s conflict because it’s a book, but everything isn’t the end of the world.

                I loved the relationship between Kat and Alec. They struggle with perceived intellectual differences which is a different kind of conflict. And I love the way they interact with each other. They are constantly joking around with each other, but in a healthy way.

                Alec is smart, but he isn’t a stereotypical mind. He’s funny and sexual. And-praise Jesus-not socially awkward.

                I only had a couple of issues. Sometimes the dialogue felt a little off. And sometimes Kat would over-react and/or not even let someone try to explain themselves. I can handle that behavior in moderation, but it was used a little too much in this book.

                This is the first in what I believe will be a three book series. I already bought the next one and will probably be reading that next. Who needs a TBR anyways. And I’m excited to read about the two characters the next book is about, but I also hope Kat and Alec show up some more so I can see them all happy and adorable.

~Thanks for reading!
Holly 

No comments:

Post a Comment