Saturday, December 20, 2014

Emerald Green by Kerstin Gier



Series: Precious Stones Trilogy #3
Format: Paperback
Pages: 447
Rating: 4.5 Stars
How I Got It: Borrowed from Library

                I’m kind of freaking out right now. I just finished this and something was revealed at the end that simultaneously makes me happy and angry because I want to explore more. And I’ll get into that more in the spoiler section.
                This was a great conclusion to the series. I like when series get better as they go and this one definitely do.
                I was happy with the way both the personal and larger world issues were solved. Things were a little easy, but I didn’t predict them so I can’t complain. Ms. Gier did a great job of keeping you sucked up in the present so you forget to think about the larger picture.
                That being said it would have been nice to get some resolution with a few of the side characters. I just have a few questions about some of their actions and choices .
                And of course Xermius was still full of awesomeness. I don’t think I’ve mentioned this, but I picture him as one of the gargoyles from Disney’s Hunchback of Notre Dame.
                Now, spoilers.
                There’s really only one thing I want to talk about.
                Actually, I lied.
                First, if Gideon and Gwen both are immortal does that mean their friends and families are just going to die? Will they age or be perpetual teenagers?
                OK. Now for the thing I really want to talk about.
                Mr. Bernard.
                Tell me if I’m wrong, but does that epilogue mean he’s Gwen’s brother or nephew? Does  he know they’re related?
                I kind of think he does know.  And that’s why he is always helping Gwen and her grandfather. And he seems to have sneaky little secrets. That epilogue just blew my mind. I knew he had to be someone special and never thought that would be it.
                I have to say I really liked this series. Eventually I would like to buy them for my shelf. These books would probably be even better on a re-read because then it’s easier to understand and you would be in on the secrets. I just can’t decide if I should try to buy the hardcovers or paperbacks.

Series Review:
 

 Thanks for reading!
Holly 

No comments:

Post a Comment